GET OUTSIDE AND LEARN!
Enroll in Fall Classes Today!
Healthy, educational, and fun kids classes in your community.
I run classes in Fort Collins, Colorado as a leader with Tinkergarten®. If you’re interested, here are some details about my classes:
When: Classes begin on September 18 – November , 2018
Time: 10:00am – 11:15am
Park: Edora Park in Fort Collins, Colorado
Tinkergarten brings early childhood education to a park near you. In our classes, kids enjoy the freedom of independent exploration through well-designed play-based activities that lend from the best of research and best practice to promote the development of critical capabilities, including self reliance, creativity, persistence and problem solving. Tinkergarten classes are led by a trained, certified community of leaders — often parents — who bring a healthy, social, and engaging learning experience to their community.
Tinkergarten was founded in 2012 by Brian and Meghan Fitzgerald.
Outdoor play-based learning is a proven way to give children the best foundation.
- Spending time outdoors provides children with a wide range of health benefits including social and emotional well-being. Research shows that time outdoors supports improved relationship skills, and reduce stress, anger and aggression.
- 80+% of brain development occurs before the age of five. Children build foundational skills in their first five years that will affect the rest of their learning and life.
- Outdoors is the best classroom—when children play outdoors under the right conditions, it inspires unique learning opportunities—they open up, push limits, tinker, create, and problem solve.
- In today’s fast-paced, technology-driven world, parents need to balance the screen time with outdoor time to raise healthy, well-adjusted kids.
The Tinkergarten curriculum is based on core educational values.
- Our program is based on research-based ECE best practices and are inspired by approaches like Montessori, Waldorf and Reggio Emilia.
- The expert designed curriculum adapts to region and season, is age appropriate, and spans a broad range of skills. Activities progressively build week after week, season after season.
- Tinkergarten sessions take place in a local public green space. Our curriculum of activities are designed for learning. To kids, they are just having fun!
Tinkergarten empowers parents to be the most powerful educators for their children.
- “Hummingbird” parenting provides supportive, yet hands-off parental support. Through guided play techniques, parents help kids “learn how to learn.” It’s the most important thing we can do for children in the critical first five years of their lives.
I am really excited about this and can’t thank you enough for your support!